Does your car need:
Starr Collision focuses on doing the right repair with safety as the priority. Were you involved in a traffic accident? Did a deer collide with the business end of your vehicle? Starr Collision and Body Shop is the place to call first. We’ll work with your insurance company. Our Saugerties, New York auto shop specializes in:
Does your car need a new and improved paint job? Starr Collision and Body Shop uses the latest auto painting techniques. Our Saugerties, NY auto painters can:
Would you like to give your hot rod or antique vehicle a new lease on life? Starr Collision and Body Shop is the go-to place for car restorations in the Saugerties, New York area. We'll develop a restoration plan to fit your budget and vision.
Schedule a consultation today.
1. You have the right to have your vehicle repaired in the shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot direct you otherwise. You are not required to get one or more estimates.
2. You are not required to take your vehicle to an insurance company's "drive in" claim service.
3. Your insurance company must negotiate your claim, "in good faith". You are entitled to a prompt, fair settlement (in monetary value only**) paying for all damages to restore your vehicle to "pre-accident condition".
4. To assist you and protect your investment, you may appoint your chosen repair shop your "Designated Representative", to negotiate and settle your claim with the insurance company. (Only as far as your motor vehicle is concerned.)
5. Your insurance company has six business days, after proper notification, to inspect your vehicle and enter negotiations. If additional damages are found, the insurance company has two business days to re-inspect and re-negotiate your claim.
6. The insurance company may not issue a check or draft in payment implying acceptance of such as final or binding.
7. If your vehicle is a total loss (cost of repairs exceed 75% of the actual cash value of the automobile, some insurance companies have as little as a 60% threshold) payment is calculated by averaging Red Book and NADA values or the use of a computerized data base, plus NYS Sales Tax. You are entitled to an evaluation worksheet, and have the 30-day Right of Recourse to question the insurance company's settlement offer. Any damages to your vehicle over $1000.00 require D.M.V.form 104 to be filed.
We want you to know that in the event of an accident, IT IS YOUR RIGHT to select the autobody shop that repairs your vehicle!